Thursday, May 28, 2009

For You I Will Live

Why have You chosen me
Out of millions Your child to be?
You know all the wrong I have done.
O how could You pardon me,
Forgive my i-ni-quity,
To save me, give Jesus Your Son ? O.....

Chorus
Lord, help me be what You want me to be,
Your Word I will strive to obey;
My life I now give,
For You I will live,
And walk by Your side all the way.

I am amazed to know
That a God so great could love me so,
Is willing and wanting to bless;
His grace is so wonderful,
His mercy so bountiful,
I can’t understand, I confess. But.....

In this world of darkness,
Many lives are filled with emptiness,
They too need to know of Your love.
O Lord, help me point to them
The Truth, the Life, the Way,
And to light each path I tread from day to day. O.....



I thank God for this song. If i'm not wrong, this is one of gwyn's favorite song. And we used to sing this song many times during YF...not as many now though. Anyway, i haven't been singing this song for quite awhile and i was reminded of this song by weiying last sunday. As i began singing, I cried. I used to sing it cause it has a very nice tune...but as i look through the words, it has so much meaning. How could God who is so great and powerful could forgive an unworthy creature like me. His mercy so bountiful! The chorus is wonderful!!! really! i mean...how many can say this "My life i now give, For You i will live" and really mean it 100% Its a total surrender to God the Almighty! Thank God for such a meaningful and heart-warming song! :)

No comments: